University of New South Wales
Apply now Job no:518452
Work type:full time
Categories:Marketing / Communications
- Employment Type: Full time (35 hours per week)
- Duration: Contract until 31 January 2024
- Remuneration: Level 5 $78,130 – $88, 407 (depending on experience) + 17% super + leave loading
- Location: Kensington, NSW (Hybrid Working)
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re one of the top 20 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why Your Role Matters:
The portfolio of External Engagement is responsible for connecting the University with core stakeholders including philanthropists, alumni, government, volunteers, the media, and the broader community. It is made up of six collaborative and high performing teams: Strategic Communications, Development, Centre for Ideas, News and Content, External Engagement and Operations.
The Social Media Assistant provides support to the Senior External Engagement Manager and the News & Content Coordinator to manage social media communications for the Faculty of Arts, Design & Architecture (ADA).
The Social Media Assistant reports to the Senior External Engagement Manager and has no direct reports.
- Act as the key liaison for all ADA social media activity and escalate to the News & Content Coordinator where necessary.
- Support the implementation of the social media strategy for ADA.
- Contribute to, and support the management of, a fast-moving content calendar/plan for the ADA social channels, with a strong, distinctive voice across multiple platforms.
- Provide support to the External Engagement team and assist in the creation, coordination and curation across all forms of content including video production and social media.
- Develop content (according to UNSW style guide and meeting deadlines) for online engagement, collaborating with multiple stakeholders and managing execution through various digital channels including creating content for and publishing to social channels.
- Repurpose content generated by other teams and areas of the university for the ADA social channels with a clear and consistent brand voice.
Who you are:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in marketing, communication, or digital media–related with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent copywriting and presentation skills. Experience using photo and video editing software like Photoshop and Premiere Pro is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience using social media and building a quality online following and/or experience in social media management.
- Good understanding and awareness of user behaviour on social platforms and understanding of changes and trends in the social media landscape.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
To Apply: If this is of interest to you, please submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Skills and Experience outlined in the position description.
More Information: please see the Position Description or visit https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
Benefits and Culture
- Flexible hybrid working
- Additional 3 days of leave over the Christmas Period
- Access to lifelong learning and career development
- Progressive HR practices
- Discounts and entitlements
Contact: Amy Denney – Talent Acquisition Coordinator e: [email protected]
Applications close: 11.55pm, Sunday 27th August
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised:16 Aug 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:27 Aug 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (jobsnear.net) you saw this job posting.